Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Homestudy






I'm new to this whole blogging thing so I know there hasn't been any new post, sorry. We have been busy at home. As you can see my boys looked very handsome at Easter, I don't know how long they are going to let me dress them in matching outfits. I hope I can do it at least once when our new son is here.


Samuel's soccer team played in the Jefferson County tournament this weekend and for the second season in a row they were the tournament champs, Yeah!!!! Go Celtic!!!!! Will's team hasn't been able to play much because of all the rain we've had and this weekend is Derby and all of Louisville shuts down, so no games :( .






Mike and 2 of our friends ran the Louisville marathon last weekend, it was the first marathon for them. Mike did fine except for all of his bathroom breaks, I think he counted six times, maybe he should get that checked out. :)


I haven't been doing anything exciting except the normal mom stuff AND trying to get all the paperwork done for our homestudy. They call it "paper pregnant", it's overwhelming but I'm trying to do bits at a time. We meet with our AWAA social worker next Wednesday, this will be our first face to face meeting, we've had a number of emails with all my questions. I'm excited to meet him, he adopted a 3 year old boy from Korea 30 years ago. I'll let you know how that goes. I know Ethiopia has become a longer wait in the past 2 months, I told my friend Allison who's also adopting from there that I just want to submit my dossier and then wait, that way I know it's out of my hands.


I met a mom this weekend at the soccer tournament who has 2 boys from Ethiopia, one is now 9 and the other is 5. They have had the 9 year old since he was 5 and brought the now 5 year old home in September. This gave me a lift meeting her and the boys, she was so encouraging and the boys were adorable. The 5 year old was speaking great English and she said he had adjusted very well. God gives you these moments, I was overwhelmed and my new worry is attachment disorder, then God brings this mom with her 2 boys in and I feel refreshed and renewed. Only God can do that!








No comments:

Post a Comment